At the South Shore Conference for Women, we are committed to highlighting the local women who work, live and thrive in the cities and towns in the South Shore, MA. Each year we reach out to the community to hear from women in our region who are experts, ready to share their passion and hard work with women, close to home.
Our conference follows 5 tracks (topic areas):
- Personal Prosperity
- Professional Success
- Health & Wellbeing
Communicating Your Authentic Self in Life and Business
Authenticity is the foundation of powerful communications. The journey to becoming an effective communicator starts with self-discovery. From evaluating our own strengths and vulnerabilities, to taking risks, overcoming fears and releasing judgment, the root of authentic communications starts with understanding who you are, and who you want to become.
- Learning to step into your power of communication with power, confidence and grace
- Strategies for communicating strength and personal growth
- Understanding the power of positive self-talk
Successful Start Ups – Testing your ideas, finding mentors, and financial considerations
Entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart. Most entrepreneurs face challenges in the beginning and there really is no such thing as an “overnight success.” Many would-be entrepreneurs think you need a sizeable amount of money to get started. Not true! You don’t need a lot of money or to have all the answers to start a business. Finding the right resources is key and you’ve taken that first step in finding them by being here today. Let’s explore the next steps in making your dream endeavor a reality!
- Develop methods to test your business idea, understand demand and market potential.
- Explore ways to build your support structure, find a mentor, and nurture the relationship.
- Learn how to demonstrate that you must have a product or service that people will pay for, before you go for financial backing.
Stand Up to Your Stress Spiral
Our relationship with food can be complicated. We all should strive for optimal health, but often struggle with conflicting or unhealthy food advice. In addition, more and more people are struggling with gastrointestinal disorders, food allergies and sensitivities, which can lead to more confusion about where and how to start. Working to find the root cause of symptoms or disorders and educating why supporting your immune system is important is where this panel excels. They will introduce you to how to manage health obstacles, help bring awareness and education on where to start through food, nutrition and Integrative techniques.
- Introduce the importance our immune system and gut health is for overall health. How food/nutrition and techniques can play a role.
- Learn practical tips everyone can use
- Helping the audience exam obstacles and give tips for striving to support and overcome them.
- Get our panelists top tips for healthy eating, food allergies, help to reduce stress and controlling your mindset.
Building your Financial & Legal Knowledge and Confidence
As women, we face unique financial challenges such as living longer than our male counterparts and moving in and out of the workforce. We may also find ourselves single or widowed. Learn tips and walk away with specific advice to manage your financial household so that you can feel confident that you are making well-informed decisions from a place of knowledge rather than fear, ignorance, or habit.
- Understand how to take control of your own legal and financial health and well-being.
- Learn who should be on your own board of advisors, to provide you with support for both your wealth and your health, so you don’t have to go it alone.
- Action steps that you can take today to be prepared for whatever tomorrow may bring.
Out of the Ashes… Phoenix Rising
What are you struggling with? Come explore and have authentic conversation with four courageous women. Be left feeling inspired, encouraged and empowered. They will share uplifting stories that will motivate you to find and embrace new gifts from tragedy.
- Learn to let go and how to grow – by loving yourself first.
- Soar into the light… saving one life at a time.
- Discover how to embrace what is and live your authentic life.
Adult Daughters: Thriving, Not Just Surviving.
Caring for aging parents is one of the most difficult challenges we’ll face and caring for ourselves is key to emotional wellness during this time. Learning ways to secure our own ‘oxygen mask’ before helping others is critical if we want to thrive, not just survive, living in the role of an adult daughter.
- Learn tips & strategies for managing care for aging parents and living your own life.
- Understand how to establish & maintain appropriate boundaries.
- Discover how to prioritize self-care which includes utilizing good time management and positive self-talk practices.
- Explore the gifts of preparedness for YOU.
Women’s Health- All the things we don’t talk about- physical & mental
Empowering women to talk about what they may be experiencing in all ages and knowing they aren’t alone is vital to our wellbeing & development. The panel will discuss the physical components of women’s health but also how our mental health can be impacted during all stages of life. We will be addressing body image, general women’s health, fertility and relationship issues.
- Discover how to normalize what we are going through in all stages of life.
- Identify when and where to get help & resources.
- Discuss physical/mental health and strategies to diminish the guilt & shame
Transition is Inevitable – How Do We Navigate it?
We experience transition throughout our lives whether in our career or personal life. This panel will help you change your mindset from being the victim of change and will teach you how to take charge and move forward into the next phase of your life. Learning how to navigate life transitions is empowering!
- Learn strategies to push forward through tough times.
- Discover how to trust yourself and the support system you have built.
- Explore how to let go and receive change in a positive way.