Keynotes & Special Guests
2022 Panel Descriptions
CLARITY & CONFIDENCE: TAKING AGENCY TO CREATE YOUR LEADERSHIP STYLE
DESCRIPTION: You are the only one who knows what’s most important for you, and what unique value you can bring to the world. But it can be hard to access your own internal wisdom in this fast-paced, social-media-driven, expectations-laden culture. Join us to hear three stories from women who’ve carved out their own paths and developed tools to build clarity around leadership so you can do the same.
- There are different ways to be a leader. The key is to find the style that’s right for you.
- You have more choices than you think. Claim your agency and shape your own path.
- Your own instincts are your best guides – though you may need a compass. Find the right support to be the best leader in your own life.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Shannon Giordano
HARNESSING YOUR OWN POWER TO CREATE PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS
DESCRIPTION: What if we told you that you had everything you need to succeed right now? This panel will dive into how to set yourself up for professional success, teaching you how to determine what success looks like for you and how to find professional opportunities that align with what matters to you. Panelists will share what it has taken to achieve their own dreams, as well as how to move forward in spite of challenges that may come your way.
- Success is not a one-size-fits-all measure; you must decide for yourself what success looks like
- Everyone has the ability to either find the path toward their dream, or create a path for themselves
- Setbacks will happen, but you have the power to navigate challenges to find new or alternate ways to achieve success
PANEL COORDINATOR: Rachael Durant
FINDING ME! MINDSET MATTERS FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
DESCRIPTION: Are you where you want to be? Sometimes things just fall into place, but more often than not the positive end result you see is the result of tenacity, hard work, and constantly evaluating where things fit into your life. The first step is identifying who you want to be and where you want to go, and committing to always doing the things that get you to that goal – or eliminating those that don’t.
- Rewrite your scripts to un-become everything that isn’t the real you
- Creating alignment in our many roles
- Self-evaluation is necessary. Self-valuation is not.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Katie Sakovitz
HOW TO GET PERSONAL IN BUSINESS
DESCRIPTION: Let’s start putting the right level of personal in our business. This panel will help you to get clarity on your own story, understand the challenges that come with embracing your authenticity and discover the right intersection of personal and business for YOU. We will also provide tips and tools for how and where to tell your stories in order to connect with the right audience.
- Our own unique stories are a powerful business tool. It is important to get clear on how and where to tell them.
- The most successful people are highly self-aware and understand the personal value they bring to others.
- Being truly authentic is a key ingredient to our success, which means accepting that we can’t be everything to everyone.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Allison DiRienzo
NAVIGATING LIFE’S TRANSITIONS CONFIDENTLY
DESCRIPTION: Life is a journey in which change is inevitable and navigating these changes can feel overwhelming. This panel will help you improve your understanding of tools available to separate that journey into smaller, manageable transitions. We will review how to determine what is important for you during this journey and how to utilize your own internal compass to effectively navigate any rough terrain. We will also discuss the importance of knowing you are not alone, being comfortable asking questions, reaching out for help if you need it, and having confidence in your decisions so you can take control of the steering wheel as you are the driver.
- Understand your values and priorities to uphold your identity throughout the process of change.
- Gain confidence in your decision making to be in the driver seat of your life.
- Learn to set manageable goals – Life’s transitions are big, small steps can get you there.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Stefany Bushey
REDEFINING YOUR IDENTITY WITH COURAGE & COMPASSION
DESCRIPTION: Women have faced unprecedented challenges during the past three years. We have, in many ways, taken the brunt of the pandemic, and for many, this experience has stripped away the unimportant and revealed values and beliefs closest to our hearts. Our identities have shifted and evolved and sometimes, we struggle to keep up. Learn how to embrace your new path forward with courage and compassion.
- Learn about paths to reinventing yourself – at any age or stage
- Consider your reinvention at the personal level and within the broader context of a tumultuous world
- Courage is taking that first step while also feeling fearful and hesitant.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Ashely Newhall
BALANCE & BOUNDARIES: LIVING A MORE CONNECTED, CONFIDENT & VALUE-DRIVEN LIFE
DESCRIPTION: Physical and financial health are key elements of a good life. Oftentimes, those are the two areas that suffer the most when we don’t lead a balanced life and/or maintain necessary boundaries. In this session, our panelists will share personal and professional experiences that have helped them in those areas. They will talk about the importance of connections, confidence and values, and how their work helps others have more balance and better boundaries.
- Financial mindfulness and smart financial decisions are the keys for a better life.
- Build and protect a solid financial foundation to enjoy a fuller life.
- How to take an active role in the financial decision making by tapping into the resources available to prepare for a better living.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Maud Dentico AVIDIA BANK SPONSOR
UNCOVERING YOUR MIND, BODY, SPIRITUAL CONNECTION
DESCRIPTION: Learn how mindset can play the biggest part in healing emotional or physical ailments.
- Leaning into intention setting and meditation can be instrumental
- Emotions and traumas can get caught in the body causing both physical and emotional pain. Addressing them in a healing way can greatly affect your health and healing.
- Emotions are simply energy in motion and we don’t have to live in fear of feeling them. By learning to let them flow through us, we can access greater wisdom and freedom.
PANEL COORDINATOR: Jen Whittemore
THE HEALTHIEST YOU STARTS ON THE INSIDE
DESCRIPTION: It seems everywhere you turn there is a new “healthy lifestyle” touted and constant images of what health is supposed to look like. Does health really have a certain look? Three health professionals take a deep dive in how health REALLY starts on the inside.
- “Health” has so many meanings – What does it mean to start on the inside?
- Social media and advertising portray a certain look for health. What can you do with this information?
- Three different and complementary points of view of how YOU can impact your well-being.
EVERYDAY IMPACT TO BIG IMPACT: TRANSLATING PERSONAL VALUES INTO PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS!
DESCRIPTION: The panelists will discuss how personal events impacted them and drove them to create change in their community. They will share how volunteerism and activism can translate to professional success, maybe even to creating your own company!
- How to connect your values to your passion and profession
- Identifying ways to own your success
- Being a change agent in your community and career
PANEL COORDINATOR: Yolanda Greaves