Here’s what happened in September 2021
At the MetroWest Conference for Women, we are committed to highlighting the local women who work, live and thrive in the cities and towns in MetroWest, MA. Each year we reach out to the community to hear from women in our region who are experts, ready to share their passion and hard work with women, close to home.
Our conference follows 5 tracks (topic areas):
- Personal Prosperity
- Professional Success
- Health & Wellbeing
Being a Community Leader in a Crisis
As women we have the skills and tools to take on more than we think we can. Our panelists will discuss what they found in themselves to be a leader during a time of crisis. They will also share how they put aside their fears and harnessed their natural abilities and instincts to lead their organization/community.
- Be brave and use your passion to step up and get yourself and others through a crisis
- Explore new skills learned in a crisis that we all can continue to use
- Find your tribe and support as you work to address a crisis big or small
Take the Leap from Brilliance to Your Own Business
Every person who makes the leap from brilliance to their own business has their own reasons including wanting to leave corporate America, looking to create a work/life balance that supports the life they want to live and wanting to enjoy their third act. Regardless of your reason, taking the leap can propel you from your comfort zone to your zone of excellence, allowing you to craft the life and livelihood you want and need. This panel of experts will help you understand how to combine the ingredients for success that you already have — your experiences, interests, and skills — to map out your path, inspiring you and assuaging your fears to help get you on your way.
- Defining your assets – both past professional experiences and skillset – to help create the picture of what you want to do
- Learn how to pivot from where you are to combine your assets, skills, interests and more to get where you want to go
- Understand the world around you to stay focused in your zone of strength, to map out your path and to take action
Identifying and Overcoming Your Hurdles to Prosperity
Prosperity means something different to each of us and there are different paths to achieving it. No matter what your idea of prosperity looks like, self-awareness, self-acceptance and the ability to make choices are key to achieving it. This panel of experts will explore accepting and understanding your value and learning how to be your most authentic self in order to find your strength and discover success.
• Figure out who you are and how to trust yourself
• Explore how to be decisive, make choices and learn from them
• Know the path is not straight
• Learn to how to let others help
Flipping the Internal Script for Personal Growth
Have you ever noticed your internal script? We all have stories we tell ourselves – some serve us, and some do not. Especially when we want to make big changes or pivots in our lives, our internal voice matters to the success of those efforts. What if, for example, when you listen to your own talk track you hear a harsh critic rather than a raving fan? That’s great news because the first step to changing that story is your awareness. With this one-of-a-kind panel we’ll teach you to flip your unhelpful scripts and become the best version of yourself, through a variety of powerful techniques.
- The power of finding your theme song. What song reminds you of who you are and where you want to go?
- Explore the powerful tool of brain dumping your story and finding some pivotal moments
- Examine where you are in your life. Are you drifting? Are you where you want to be? And if not, what can you do to pivot? Write it down!
Perseverance, Passion and Hitting Your Professional Stride
Connect your purpose and passion to your career success. Challenges over the past year have many of us questioning our professional path; whether it’s to finally pursue a new direction or continue on our current journey despite obstacles. This panel will help you navigate tangible steps to creating a career of your dreams, the changing business landscape and how to persevere when facing adversity.
- Discern passions from hobbies and discover the building blocks of turning a passion into a profession
- Create an authentic definition of what professional success means to YOU
- Explore strategies and tools to persist despite challenges
The Career Advice You Didn’t Know You Needed
Women are always stronger when they support each other. In that spirit, this panel of women will share their stories of breaking through barriers, pivoting along their journeys, and finding professional success and personal fulfillment. Through these stories you’ll find inspiration, tips & tricks, as well as strategies to make your next bold move.
- Steps to take control of your career journey
- Tools to face your fears and gain the confidence to pursue your professional passions
- Strategies for managing the expectation on women to “do it all”
Choosing Your Happy Place: Tools To Get You Through Callenging Times
The events of 2020 have brought a unique set of challenges that have transformed the way we live. Women have been called upon to take on much of the burden in this strange new world. From home-schooling children, to starting businesses, to welcoming new children, to finding new ways to show up at work, the new normal has demanded the mastery of skills that many of us valiantly adopted only to find ourselves overwhelmed. This panel of experts will show you just how much support you already have and can create!
- Women often think they need to “do it all” and the burden of taking on multiple roles in a new normal requires resources that we aren’t aware we have
- Learn how even a slight change in perspective or a shift in the way you use/organize what you already have ca help you to masterfully navigate any new challenge
- Explore how with the right tools you can get to, or get back to, your happy place!
Finding Your Resiliency To Life’s Challenges
Adversity is part of life. This panel will share their personal and professional stories of adversity. Attendees will leave with options for forgiveness, resiliency, and problem solving from women who have been dealt a hand that they never expected.
- Keep moving forward.
- Don’t let negativity in.
- Focus on mindfulness.
Self Care is NOT Selfish
Self-care is essential. It’s essential to your hormone health, to your metabolism, and to modeling good habits for your children. Our expert panelists will discuss how and why it is important to combat daily stress, will provide tips for practicing self-care so you achieve a balanced life and how to avoid allowing bad habits to trickle down into your family. Don’t miss this opportunity to prioritize yourself! It just might make a difference in your business, your family, and your longevity.
- Tips to help mid-life women master their metabolism
- Facts about the hormonal impact of self-care
- Strategies for how to model body positivity & body neutrality for your children
The Time is Now: Prioritize Your Health & Wellness
Our experts in the field of health and wellness will discuss key aspects of emotional, physical, and relational health. This panel will motivate you to prioritize your own physical and emotional wellness and provide practical strategies and skills you can implement in your daily life. It is critical to value your own health and make yourself a priority!
- Mental Health matters, it is important to be aware of thoughts, feelings, and maladaptive patterns. It’s so important to build healthy coping styles and to prioritize overall mental health and wellness proactively.
- Listen to your body when you are experiencing symptoms. If something doesn’t feel right, listen to your body and inner guidance system. Speak up, be honest and see yourself as a healthcare client rather than a passive patient.
- Alternative therapies are available and effective. There are many options and alternatives when it comes to your health and wellness, and you have the power to make your own choices.