Community-based, mission-driven hospice seeks a full-time Bereavement Counselor to join its expanding counseling services team.
The Full Time Bereavement Counselor is an integral member of a multidisciplinary hospice team responsible for caring for bereaved family members of hospice patients and the general community. The Bereavement Counselor makes supportive phone calls, provides individual counseling sessions and participates in organizational programming including support groups and Evenings of Remembrance.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Professional experience in grief and loss preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of end-of-life and bereavement issues
- Comfortable working with socioculturally diverse patients/families
- Demonstrated skills in clinical assessment
- Proficient with electronic documentation
- Compassionate, organized and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
Good Shepherd Benefits Package offers:
- Competitive salary
- Four weeks paid time off in first year
- 12 paid holidays
- Health and dental insurance, coverage begins as of your start date
- Life insurance
- 403(b) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Partnership with Regis College for reduced tuition rates
Good Shepherd Community Care is one of the most trusted health care organizations in Greater Boston focusing on hospice and palliative care. Founded as Hospice of the Good Shepherd in 1978, we are the original Massachusetts hospice. After decades of caring for our community, we continue to remain an independent, not-for-profit, non-sectarian organization. Good Shepherd believes in the importance of mutual respect and acceptance and values diversity in our patients, families and caregivers, employees, volunteers, community, and partner organizations. We are committed to these values and honor the dignity of each individual through the care, support and education we provide.